[ale] usb drive needed to use Nessus on Pentoo live cd ?

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 4 10:58:20 EDT 2006

I need to do a quick Nessus scan from time to time.  I am not too concerned
with its db or plugins being up-to-date and such, so I think a live cd
distro would do me just fine. Anybody has experience with "Pentoo live cd"
or alike ?   Do I need a USB drive to run Nessus? I used to have Nessus
installed on Linux servers, but never used it on a live cd.
On Pentoo's web site (http://www.desktoplinux.com/news/NS4419234144.html),
it says:
Nessus, Metasploit, and Fingerprints DB upgradable; put them in RAM or on a
USB stick
Save files on a USB pen-drive or a hard disk, such as: /etc, /root, Nessus
plugins, SecurityForest's Exploit Tree, and all fingerprints