[ale] [On-topic] "wa" number in "top"?

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 11:56:08 EDT 2006

Jim wrote:

> On a fc4 system pmap displays nothing.  I tried pmap -x on a bunch of
> pids but it doesn't seem to work.  Any idea why?

Not a clue, actually.  It seems that pmap uses the /proc area for
information, much like ps does (at least; I am inferring that from the
man page pmap(1)).  I assume that "ps axu" and "ps -ef" commands work
fine for you?

I have only recently found the pmap command on my system, which is an
Ubuntu system running a 2.6.15 kernel... But I don't think that should
really matter, since it belongs in the procps package and is four years
old...

	-- Mike

Michael B. Trausch <fd0man at gmail.com> - Jabber: fd0man at livejournal.com

Demand freedom: Use open and free protocols, standards, and software.