[ale] Server PS shuts off for no reason

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sat Nov 18 14:08:13 EST 2006

Since the failure happens before the system is out of BIOS read on a
cold boot, it is all hardware. It may be power supply or mainboard. Test
with another PS without actually installing it. Just be sure the PS has
frame contact to the case for proper grounding.

Secondary cause: reset switch faulty on case. Disconnect the rest button
from the mainboard. In fact, disconnecting both power and reset buttons
makes sense. Start the system with a screwdriver to short the power
leads.