[ale] Server PS shuts off for no reason

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Sat Nov 18 13:10:56 EST 2006

I really don't have another PS to put in its place (it's a low-profile
job with a fan in a particular place, so I doubt I could buy a
replacement easily and cheaply).  I'm pretty sure that it's not because
of anything I've done on the OS side (including a Xen host kernel and
lm_sensors) because last night it switched off while booted to a Ubuntu
CD.  Right now, it has been up 12 hours on a Gentoo LiveCD, but that
doesn't mean much - it went for 24 just a day or so ago.

I've got a message in to SuperMicro - we'll see if I wind up just RMAing
the whole thing.

- Jeff