[ale] OT: cool gadget

Christopher Bergeron christopher at bergeron.com
Tue May 30 11:40:47 EDT 2006

You can pick one of these up for about $99 bucks.  Check out Vag-Com
for software.  Under linux, you could use freediag, but last time we
worked with it, it wasn't very far along (in development).

Depending on your car, you may need a specific adapter (ex,
Volkswagen's are ISO9141).  These give you additional codes beyond
what the ODBII standard set.  Most are vehicle manufacturer specfic.
Some provide detailed status (transmission gear, etc), while some
just provide the basic ODBII functionality.

Kind regards,
Chris Bergeron