[ale] Printing to non-standard papersizes

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue May 30 09:29:10 EDT 2006

Christopher Fowler wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 23:41 -0400, Geoffrey wrote:
>>> I hate to say it, but this is easy with MS products.  What's the
>> trick here?
>>
>> I hate to say it, but that kind of statement is close enough to a
>> troll
>> to not get you any help.  It's of no use, other than to piss someone
>> off.  Is there really any reason to throw it in?
>
> I think his comment does have some merit.  I was trying to print #10
> envelopes in OO too but gave up and installed MS Office 2003 _just_ to
> print envelopes.

Where is the merit?  Contact the developer of the print driver.  That's
what I did.  I couldn't print #10 envelopes without going through all
kinds of hoops.  The developer let me know that the latest version of
the driver just released supported #10 envelopes.

There's no merit in posting such a comment here.  The issue is the
driver.  The developer is the one who needs to here this.  Or, if you're
a developer offer to help.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin