[ale] KVM switch?

Raylynn Knight audilover at speedfactory.net
Mon May 29 23:39:25 EDT 2006

I have the following KVM's with the noted issues or non-issues:

8 Port Apex - bought used on Ebay - Intermittent mouse problems with
SuSE and Redhat derived distros.  No problems with Debian or Ubuntu.

4 Port LinXcell - bought new on Ebay (real cheap under $40 with cables)
- Mouse not recognized on most PC's but works great with my 4 SGI Indy's

4 Port LinkSys (both serial and PS/2 ports) - Never a problem in over 6
years using a PS/2 mouse and both PS/2 and Serial mouse input on the
connected computers.

4 Port Belkin PS/2 - Most recent purchase, no problems yet.

2 Port LinkSyS (3 different PS/2 models) - Never a problem when used
with PS/2 systems.

I also have a 5 port LightWave Server Switch which has worked flawlessly
with with a Sparc 20, Sparc 10, Sparc LX and Sparc 2 connected.