[ale] KDE apps crashing

Jim Philips briarpatchkid at bellsouth.net
Sun May 28 20:41:07 EDT 2006

Vikram Nanda wrote:
> It is running
>
> $ ps -ef | grep kded
> username       2491     1  0 10:52 ?        00:00:04 kded [kdeinit]
>

> Jim Philips wrote:
>> Vikram Nanda wrote:
>>
>>> Whenever I close any KDE app, the KDE crash handler pops up saying
>>> that the app crashed and caused signal 11( SIGSEGV).
>>>
>>> Any pointers why this is happening and what should I do to stop this
>>> annoyance?
>>>
>>> I am running FC5
>>>
>> Hmm! Is kded running?
If it isn't that, I would try renaming your .kde directory and
restarting KDE. See if the behavior changes. If it does, you have a
config somewhere that's causing a problem. You can narrow it down by
moving the config fiules for apps that you run and then start them up
again. You might also try the kde-linux list. There are a good number of
KDE developers there.