[ale] Comcast HSI was Re: 10M service

Vernard Martin vernard at venger.net
Sat May 27 18:37:01 EDT 2006

Joshua Kite wrote:
> I'm at the southern end of Ashford Dunwoody, between Peachtree and
> Clairmont.  Our neighborhood email group is filled with more
> complaints about Comcast HSI than anything else.
>
> The Comcast people we've talked to (all the way up to a regional VP)
> seem to be unaware that problems exist, much less that they seem to be
> caused by their own people.
>
> Could we get a show of hands of who and where have had similar
> problems w/ Comcast?  This isn't a bitch session as much as it is
> looking for a pattern.  If everyone in Atlanta is having random cuts
> in upload speed, then it's surely not the cable on my street (which
> the local supervisor acted like it was).
I live on the border of Chamblee and Tucker on Henderson Mill Road. I
have had consistently bad service with Comcast since November of last
year. I am currently in the process of looking at DSL services to
replace it.

I have had over 4 different house calls, 3 technical escalations and
called in problems with the service over 3 dozen times (all documented).
THe best answer I got was that when they have something potentially
misconfigured at the head end due to some changes they made to support
VOIP. I got that answer from a technician that came to my house and he
wasn't willing to go on record as having said it.

As much as I hate to say it, I had better service with Bellsouth DSL :-(