[ale] Archives

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sat May 27 04:38:36 EDT 2006

William Bagwell wrote:
> On Saturday 27 May 2006 03:44 am, Jim Popovitch wrote:
>> I don't know which is funnier, the "W2K Fun" section on this page or the
>> sudden ending in Aug 2005.   ;-)
>>
>>    http://www.ale.org/archive/ale/index.html
>
> I had noticed this the other day myself and meant to ask why the archives
> stopped. Wanted to send a link to a thread from last September to another
> LUG. Missed by one month...  At least the gmane.org site is back up.
>
> http://blog.gmane.org/gmane.org.user-groups.ale

I'm guessing that the URL posted is a stale page on ALE.  At the bottom
of every ALE email is a URL to the ALE Mailman listinfo page, on that
page is the correct (and always up-to-date) URL for archive access.

I think somebody should just remove the old /archive/ale directory and
add an apache directive to alias/redirect it to /pipermail/ale.
Further, I'd do checkup on the PHP version on that system, seems there
are newer PHP versions, although I don't follow Gentoo specific PHP
releases.

-Jim P.