[ale] 10M service

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Fri May 26 21:43:35 EDT 2006

Same story with Charter in Gwinnett. It'll run fine for a while and then
all of a sudden HSI goes down and VOD goes down usually just when the
wife and I actually get to see a movie that we both like. The modem
stats are supposed to be between +13dB and -13dB. My modem input sig. is
usually right around -13dB. When doing contract work for SA I had to
setup the Mod/Demods for comm. to the digital settop boxes from the
headends &/or HUBS, and we would set the Mod output carrier signal at
0dB into the plant which was coax at that point just prior to fibre
conversion. Also to Geoffrey, I finally got to that site you mentioned
to test my 10m connection. I found it interesting that here on the East
coast the test ran through 3 links that were OC192 rated but only 1 link
was OC192 rated for the test to the west coast.