[ale] OT: Comcast'ers

aaron aaron at pd.org
Fri May 26 20:56:27 EDT 2006

mtr -- Cool utility! Thanks for the pointer.

Here's what I got after running for a minute or two:
Hostname
%Loss  Rcv  Snt  Last Best  Avg  Worst
 1. z.z.z.z
0%  240  240     0    0    2     32
 2. z.z.z.z
0%  239  239     6    5    8     36

 3. GE-1-4-ur01.D7decatur.ga.atlanta.comcast.net
1%  238  239     9    6    9     40

 4. 10g-9-4-ar01.D1stonemtn.ga.atlanta.comcast.net
15%  205  239     8    6    9     40

 5. 12.124.64.73
0%  239  239     9    7   11     41
 6. tbr1-p013701.attga.ip.att.net
0%  239  239    24   22   25     96
 7. tbr2-cl17.wswdc.ip.att.net
0%  239  239    26   23   26     60
 8. ar4-a3120s3.wswdc.ip.att.net
0%  239  239    23   21   40    247
 9. so6-3-0-2488M.ar1.DCA3.gblx.net
0%  239  239    61   44   52    182
10. pos1-0-0-155M.ar1.CLE1.gblx.net
0%  239  239    45   40   48    248
11. Testcom.s4-0-0-22-0.ar1.CLE1.gblx.net
0%  239  239    45   43   48     75
12. ???
=======================
One small burp on Camcasts Decatur host...
  but 15% loss at the Stonemtn headend
into the big pipes!!

I don't currently try to run any kind of server on my
Comcast line, so I can't say if upload speeds have been
consistent of late. A couple months back I attempted a
4gig DVD upload to ftp.ALE.org and seemed to be
getting most of the 384Kbps upload speed that the
service is supposed to deliver... so the process was
only going to take about 24 hours.  (I decided to do
the upload from the T1 connection at one of the
sites I contract at.)