[ale] Ubuntu

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu May 25 14:34:15 EDT 2006

Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> On Thu, May 25 2006 07:54, Geoffrey wrote:
>> KingBahamut wrote:
>>> Mike,
>>>
>>> How fast does Kubuntu run over trusty ole Gnome? Ive been an XFCE fan
>>> for a long time, and I cant quite seem to drag myself away from it.
>> There's nothing after you are enlightened.  Check out Enlightenment 17
>>

> I've been meaning to check that out again -- though I'm happy enough with
> KDE that I have no real reason to.  Has anything really killer been
> introduced since E16?

It's quite a departure from E17.  Things work differently so you have to
get used to it.  There are a number of applications built for it, all
ranging from alpha-alpha to pretty good beta.

The eye candy is as good as E16.  There's also a [xgk]dm replacement.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin