[ale] Ubuntu

KingBahamut gwosbahamut at gmail.com
Thu May 25 13:47:29 EDT 2006

Just need

1. list of people interested.
2. Food preference (wife and I will probably prepare)
3. Drinking preference (Im not opposed to beer, wine, or neither)
4. Venue preference (my home is moderate size, but restaurants are good, Im
open to suggestions otherwise).

On 5/25/06, Steve Brown <braino420 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >Message: 2
> >Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 00:30:00 -0400
> >From: KingBahamut <gwosbahamut at gmail.com>
> >Subject: [ale] What about LUGs?
> >
> >I remember going to one over at GATech , found it rather "Elite".
> >
> >Been tryin to get a small Ubuntu Group together here, but Ive only met
> >probably 2 or 3 hardcore ubuntu users here in town.
> >

> I use Ubuntu myself. I was playing around with Gentoo and FC5 for awhile,
> but then I just wanted to be more consistent and use the one I liked most(no
> switching gears). Dapper Drake Flight 5 is running flawlessly so far, and
> even auto-detected my Wireless card!
>
> When I was using Gentoo, I used KDE. It definately seems to be more
> configureable than Gnome, but when I use Gnome I don't feel the need to
> change a thing. It looks nice and clean. The thing that really bothered me
> with KDE is how they put a K in front of everything (just seems silly). I'm
> not trying to start a flamewar, or say one is better than the other, yadda
> yadda.
>
> But if you start a Ubuntu Group, I'm in.
>
> -Steve Brown

KingBahamut
Founder of the GWoS
All Around Geek
"I could tell you the probability, but you wouldnt like it."