[ale] OT: Do Not Call list

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu May 25 08:04:32 EDT 2006

Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Thu May 25 2006 1:30 am, Raylynn Knight wrote:
>> Uh, what kind of plan charges for calls you don't answer?  I don't
>> answer my phone (cell or home) unless I recognize the calling number
>> or caller id.  I don't open junk mail either.
>
> it does cost you to call and use your voicemail, so if they do leave a
> message...

Yeah, but I can usually remember if I've missed a call and if it's
someone I need to check the message.  I'll just leave it in the inbox
until I need to check other calls, and deleting the call midstream is
not going to cost me that much.

Just the same, spammers of all technologies need to die.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin