[ale] Ubuntu

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Thu May 25 00:18:50 EDT 2006

On Thu, May 25 2006 00:11, KingBahamut wrote:
> Mike,
>
> How fast does Kubuntu run over trusty ole Gnome? Ive been an XFCE fan for
> a long time, and I cant quite seem to drag myself away from it.

I honestly cannot give you a speed comparison between one and the other --
yet -- as I haven't run both of them.  The last time I used GNOME was
probably a year ago, and I'd say from recollection that it feels about the
same to me.  However, I'm able to do a whole hell of a lot more with KDE
then GNOME, and I like the layout better -- and I'm able to convince more
end-users to use Kubuntu then Ubuntu itself.  With all of that combined,
and the fact that it mirrors some of the features of things that I used to
use in Windows, KDE wins out.  It runs perfectly for me.  However, YMMV, as
always.  If I get a chance to compare the two, I'll certainly let you know
what I come up with for a relative speed difference.

	- Mike