[ale] Hardware monitoring

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Mon May 22 18:55:57 EDT 2006

if you're looking for commercial, http://fidelia.com/ (now owned by Network
General) has a pretty decent product in NetVigil.

WMM

On 5/22/06, Drag0n <dragon at atlantacon.org> wrote:

> You can also try zabbix ( http://www.zabbix.com/ ) or cacti (
> http://www.cacti.net/ )
>
> Drag0n
>
> James P. Kinney III wrote:
> > On Mon, 2006-05-22 at 16:44 -0400, Brandon Colbert wrote:
> >
> >> Is there any software that I can used to manage over a thousand
> >> servers hardware. Disk failures, Temp, cpu usage, and etc.
> >>

> > big sister is the open source version of big brother. There are clients
> > that get installed on everything and they be told to report to a single
> > system or multiple systems. The key with that many systems is the page
> > layout on the monitoring server. That is also readily adjustable to show
> > group of systems.

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erd?s
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2