[ale] Best MTA?

Robert Reese ale at sixit.com
Tue May 16 21:26:53 EDT 2006

On 5/16/2006 at 10:12 AM Ben Coleman wrote:

>Jim Popovitch wrote:
>> Thomas Stromberg wrote:
>>> I second the vote for Postfix being the easiest to work with.
>>
>> I have to "third" this.
>
>I'll "fourth" (FORTH?) it.  I've been using Postfix on my home network for
>ages.

So far the consensus is mostly 4 to 1 to -1 for Postfix, Sendmail, and QMail in that order.  *That's* a bit telling!  Small sampling but hard to ignore the results.  Perhaps I'll learn them all one day, but for now I think I'll start looking first into Postfix, then Courier, and then Sendmail even if I decide to use another since Sendmail seems to be the reigning champion on the internet.

Thank you to Brandon, Mike, Jim, Jeff and Paul, and Ben.  I have a much clearer direction to start my investigation into getting off other peoples' mail servers and onto my own.  It has to be a Unix/Linux box, as even just *thinking* about Exchange just chills me to the bone!  Brrrr!!

Peace,
Robert~

SIXIT Consulting
H: 770-320-0181 or (478) 599-1300
Cell: 678-438-6955 or (478) 599-1301
Fax: 866-355-3720 (Toll-Free)

2907-I Watson Blvd
Warner Robins, GA 31093-8535
United States

   * Microsoft is NOT a standard. *

NOTICE: With respect to all communications you make to any sixit.com email address, including but not limited to feedback, questions, comments, suggestions and the like: (a) you shall have no right of confidentiality in your communications and SIXIT Consulting shall have no obligation to protect your communications from disclosure; (b) SIXIT Consulting shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute your communications to others without limitation and without expectation of compensation to you and without notice to you; and (c) SIXIT Consulting shall be free to use without any expectation of compensation to you any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in your communications for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to the development, production and marketing of products and services that incorporate such information; particularly if your message is of an unsolicited nature.