[ale] First post

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Tue May 16 18:36:18 EDT 2006

You misunderstand. Xandros probably won't have any problem shrinking
an NTFS partition (nor will most distributions now). No Linux
distribution will install, and run, on an NTFS partition (leaving out
some obscure projects). The filesystem is incompatible with the
operating system.

If you don't care about the data on the hard drive, I recommend
letting the Xandros installer suggest a partition scheme. It will
either recommend a single swap partition and an all encompassing
partition or a swap partition, a root partition, and a home directory
partition. The second option is nice if you intend to move on to
another distribution some day and don't want to have to move all of
your personal files around. The first option is nice for the initially
lazy, but it will bite you in the ass one day.