[ale] on-line storage

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sat May 13 17:40:35 EDT 2006

Robert Story wrote:
> On Sat, 13 May 2006 16:24:08 -0400 Jim wrote:
> JP> Dude, I appreciate your persistence at explaining the obvious. ;-)  Let
> JP> me be clearer:  I have a *business* need, not a personal need.
>
> Ahh.. The statement that you were considering googlefs led me to believe
> it was a personal need. I'll clam up now...

Ahh, I now better understand your comments.  I mentioned googlefs
because I was considering them due to distribution and their datacenter
security and resilience.  However, I doubt they would ever provide
support for gfs, nor do I think they will keep that "feature" around
forever.. or for a while if it is heavily used.

Still, I respect your offer of advice and consideration for offering to
try and help someone.  Thank you.

-Jim P.