[ale] Samba issue

Joshua Kite jwkite at gmail.com
Fri May 12 14:07:21 EDT 2006

I've had some serious problems with SAMBA, and only recently got it working.

Could you tell us a little more about your setup?  What are you sharing (a
directory, I assume)?  When you say the windows machines can only see the
server, do they see the shared directory or just the machine and nothing
more?

What version of Windows are you running?  Are you using DHCP?  Do you have
NeBIOS over TCIP/IP enabled on the Windows clients?

These are just a few of the questions which directed me towards my solution.

Regards,

Josh Kite