[ale] md0 tasks taking 60-80% of CPU

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Thu May 11 12:44:47 EDT 2006

JK wrote:

>Michael Still wrote:
>

>>can you cat /proc/sys/dev/raid/speed_limit_max ?
>>

>It's 200000 (200K). Is that low?

I echoed 2000000 (2M) in there, but nothing seems to have
changed. /proc/mdstat claims that it will be done some time
in the next 6 hours.  It is making progress, though -- it's
now saying "69.2% complete" vs around 65% last time
I checked.

Does it have to do this resync thing every time the machine
boots? That would be a really serious drag, and if that's
the case, I'll probably keep the two drives separate and
manually rsync critical stuff between them, instead of
using SW RAID.

Thanks for all the help so far, guys.

-- JK