[ale] Windows drivers for my printer so I can use my linux samba server?

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Thu May 11 09:09:05 EDT 2006

The problem is that when I tried to install it over the network it
wouldn't get the drivers from my linux box and wouldn't load it from CD
or the .exe you download from hp.com.

I did get it working though.  Basically install the .exe on my wife's
laptop so the drivers are on disk.  Then install the networked printer
and when it asks a model just pick some random HP (hp support said the
deskjet 550C should be a default compatability if missing a couple small
features).  Once the printer is installed just right click it and change
the driver.  The PSC Driver was available and is working great.

Robert

Thus spake James P. Kinney III (jkinney at localnetsolutions.com):