[ale] covad VoIP down...

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 11:51:51 EST 2006

Geoffrey wrote:

> I don't have experiences with other voip providers, but Vonage makes it
> very easy.  You can forward calls to another number if your vonage line
> is unavailable.  You have voicemail which can also send you an email
> when you have a message.  I have Vonage send these messages to my cell
> phone, so if you leave me a message, I know it anywhere I'm at.
> Further, I've got my modem set up such that any time I get a call, the
> caller id info is sent to my cell phone as well.  Talk about redundancy.

You might want to look at SunRocket -- they provide you with phones and
the like, out of the box, they ship rather quickly (I was surprised with
how quickly I actually got my phone), it's a no-brainer to setup
(though, to do it "right," the VoIP router/ATA must be in front of any
routers you currently have to properly do QoS), and it's inexpensive --
you can pay $25/mo, or, if you pay yearly, $199/yr.

That's pretty nice.  0 gets you to Support, and 00 is voicemail.  All of
the standard calling features are available and you get two phone
numbers -- and two voicemail boxes.  Also, they don't have (or, didn't
last I read it not long ago) anything in their Terms of Service that
prohibits you from using it as a Work From Home solution.

	Later,
	Mike