[ale] FC2 -> FC5

Nick Travis wormfishin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 15:32:26 EST 2006

On 3/22/06, Christopher Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 15:14, Geoffrey wrote:
> > Christopher Fowler wrote:
> > > I've heard that this is the easiest way to upgrade.
> > >
> > > rpm -i fedora-release
> > > yum update kernel
> > > reboot
> > > yum -y update
> > >
> > > Should I do FC2 -> FC3 -> FC4 -> FC5?
> > >
> > > I guess I could try it on a test machine?

I've had pretty good luck upgrading by one release, however on 2 different
boxes that I've been from FC1 -> FC2 ->FC3->FC4 are horribly messed up, I'm
in the process of doing clean installs on these systems after givign up on
ever getting them to run right again.  I used the cd's and did an upgrade
installation, not sure if using yum would produce different results.

Nick