[ale] Loading kernel modules at boot

Stephen Cristol stephen at bee.net
Sun Mar 19 18:31:53 EST 2006

On Mar 19, 2006, at 4:34 PM, Benjie wrote:
> the easiest thing to do would be to add " modprobe fuse"  to /etc/
> rc.local.  That should load the module every time your system
> boots.  If the module has been compiled, has its dependencies
> defined, and is aliased in modules.conf, I would think it would
> load automagically when you use the fusermount command.

Benjie,

Thanks for this suggestion. I added "/sbin/modprobe fuse" to /etc/
rc.local and it does load the fuse module at boot, though it loads it
after all services have started. Here's what I did immediately after
boot:

[sc ~]$ sudo /sbin/service condor status
webdavfs is stopped
[sc ~]$ sudo /sbin/service condor start
Mounting (starting) webdavfs:                              [  OK  ]
[sc ~]$

Adding "/sbin/service condor start" after the modprobe in /etc/
rc.local should make this work. I'm still curious why I can't get
fuse to load some other way at boot, but your suggestion gets this
project working.

Thanks again,