[ale] Mythtv Build-In

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Thu Mar 16 06:12:18 EST 2006

On Wed March 15 2006 8:39 pm, H P Ladds wrote:
> Well I'm not promising to convert content from Tivo to Myth to DVD
> in one afternoon -- that's a bit ambitious.

I guess I'm confused then. If I have Dish satellite, wouldn't the
MythTV hook into that setup?

> I'm thinking the systems should be based on a Knoppmyth, PVR 350
> and/or HD3000 card(s).

I think I even downloaded knoppmyth once, but I have no cluse what a
PVR350 is or the HD3000.

> Does over the air high def hold any appeal for you?

I have a huge, heavy 36" regular TV that I got about 5 years ago. Not
HDTV ready, but one of the largest tube TV's.. my SON has a 48" HDTV
ready set, and he is good with computers.. He got a degree from West
GA , business IS, but I still haven't pulled him into the Linux ranks
yet, but I'm working on it!!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800