[ale] Converting to RAID5 root

Howard A Story adrin at haswes.homelinux.org
Sun Mar 5 12:58:49 EST 2006

Okay that is a software RAID.   I get a headache just looking.  From the
error that your are getting I start to wonder if it is more system setup
than RAID setup.  If your md1 is /  what is md2?  make sure you don't
have /tmp or /etc, You know a directory that the system needs during boot.

LVM is a logical volume manager??  It allows you to span drives to see
them as one. If I am not mistaken.  Isn't RAID 5 the about the same
thing with fault tolerance?  Can you really do them both on the same
partitions?

LOL  I just saw a good commercial...  VW   Time to unpimp the ride.