[ale] OT: March 9 Meeting (was: Firefox can't print to LJ4, IE can)

aaron aaron at pd.org
Thu Mar 2 19:49:09 EST 2006

On Friday 03 March 2006 03:34, runman wrote:
> [...]

[snip]
> > I'll try to make the meeting.
> > Am I correct that the Emory Law School is at the corner of Clifton and
> > Gambrell, off North Decatur Rd? MapQuest sometimes gets these things
> > wrong enough to make one's life "interesting"...
>
> You have the location correct, Joe. There are route suggestions and a map
> available on the sidebar link at http://ALE.org.  Topic info for the
> upcoming meeting is on the site as well.
>
> I can recommend maps.google.com for future direction searches and such. It
> has the bonus of helping keep the spooks from illegally spying on your
> movements. ** ;-)
>
> ** "Google: Helping protect your constitutionally guaranteed rights and
> personal privacy from power mad, fascist, dictator wanna-be's since 1998."
>
> Unless you live in China !

Valid retort there! (Though the people in China don't have any of
constitutionally guaranteed rights or privacy to protect and their dictators
are long past the wanna-be stage).

I guess it's just more proof of how unrestrained greed is corrosive to all
morality, ethics and democracy. I find it little surprise that the global
corporatocracy is integrating and operating so seamlessly with the
totalitarian communism of China, what with so much in common between
their mirror structures for pursuing power / profit regardless of the
consequence to humanity or the planet at large.

peace
aaron