[ale] 10GB Lan

Brian Hartsfield krandor1 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 19:31:19 EDT 2006

10GB is high speed ethernet.  Any failover would be the same as you would
use with normal ethernet (HSRP, etc.)

If 10K is too much then 10GB is not worth looking at.  Just the XENPAKS
(equivilant of GBICS) start at 3K list and since you normally need two you
are at 6K before you even start buying switches that support 10GB.  The 6500
blade is around $20-25K list IIRC.

10GB is nice, but it is still very expensive.