[ale] TCPDUMP and its alternatives?

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 17:40:25 EDT 2006

At one point, I had to do some debugging of network connections at one
point, and I went searching for utilities to log connections and data
transmission, and found something really nice.  However, I cannot seem to
find that same program again.  As I recall, it was based on the pcap
library, and was like tcpdump, but the output was more human-friendly -- It
would do things like:

192.168.000.100.45133-216.196.097.136.00119: ARTICLE 1341312