[ale] OT: Comcast

Marvin, International Martian of Mystery marvin.higginbottom at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 23:09:07 EDT 2006

Cliff Free wrote:
> Am I the only one who HASN'T seen problems w/ Comcast over the last
> several weeks?

I haven't had any problems with mine. I just switched from Hellsouth DSL
to comcast a month ago, and I'm happy as a bug in a rug. I'm actually
*getting* the 6mbs downloads they advertise (as opposed to the 1.5mps
downloads I was getting whilst paying for the 3mbs download- which
caused the change in the first place), no problems in routing or
anything tcp/ip, or any hassle at all beyond having to call-in to
service personnel for the initial setup because they use some sort of
windoze-only desktop app to set-up their new accounts- god only knows
why they don't use something cross-platform in the way of a web-app to
do this, as even under linux you can connect to the webpage that says,
"You don't seem to be running a supported operating system, please call
customer service at #blah-blah"- whereupon you are greeted by a customer
service person who immediately begins to ask you things which has no
relevance to any operating system whatsoever, and which any reasoning
person would just put into that silly webpage you get in mozilla to
begin with.

I guess Micro$loth must be giving kickbacks to commie-cast too, to make
sure that a freakin' web-app only works with windoze.