[ale] HOW2 allocate download time from WWW among server&clients on local LAN ?

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Thu Jul 6 16:07:05 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 14:02 -0600, JK wrote:
> Probably what you want is something like the "Ultimate Traffic
> Conditioner",
> which can be found on that site:
> http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.cookbook.ultimate-tc.html.
> I'm using a hacked version of that script, which I use to balance
> bandwidth among a number of machines on my LAN and wifi net, and to
> give bandwidth preference to work-related machines.

This is nice and I will try it.  The only problem I face is that all
almost 95% of my SSH traffic goes over tunnels.  They go out via a
socket on the firewall.  I would have to give preference to the tunnel
traffic on port 5000 outbound and I guess I would have to run a script
for the tunnel interface itself.