[ale] HOW2 allocate download time from WWW among server&clients on local LAN ?

JK jknapka at kneuro.net
Thu Jul 6 16:02:30 EDT 2006

Yes, you can definitely do what you want. Extensive documentation
of Linux's routing and traffic-shaping capabilities can be found here:

http://www.lartc.org

Probably what you want is something like the "Ultimate Traffic Conditioner",
which can be found on that site:
http://lartc.org/howto/lartc.cookbook.ultimate-tc.html.
I'm using a hacked version of that script, which I use to balance
bandwidth among a number of machines on my LAN and wifi net, and to
give bandwidth preference to work-related machines.

-- JK