[ale] PlumbingQ: SuSE-9.3 not seeing USB handset for Skype

John Mills johnmills at speakeasy.net
Wed Jul 5 22:30:26 EDT 2006

ALErs -

Subject pretty much says it. I set up a Skype account and installed their
softphones under WinXP and SuSE-9.3 on my laptop. Basic AU-100 handset was
recognized automagically by WinXP Skype, but so far Linux Skype only
responds through the laptop's built-in speakers and mic.

How do I set Linux to use the handset? Best solution would leave normal
audio (music CDs, ...) on the speakers.

TIA for any help or diagnostic suggestions.

 - Mills