[ale] FW: Software RAID1 rebuild after HDD failure (How to do?)

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Jul 3 10:49:07 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 10:46, Ryan Fish wrote:
> Since the raidhotadd syncs everything from hda to hdc wouldn't GRUB
> technically be installed at that point anyway?

Well,  I do not know.  When you install GRUB you are installing to
/dev/hdaX.  You do not specify md0.   I'm not sure what the behavior
is.  I think what is going on is that what I'm doing in my batch is not
installing group on /dev/hdaX.  I'm installing grub as the boot manager
on hda.  It also needs to be installed as the boot manager for hdb.