[ale] Cobalt RaQ LCD and Linux

Christopher R. Curzio ale at accipiter.org
Tue Feb 28 18:31:48 EST 2006

Does anyone have any experience with non-Cobalt Linux on a RaQ, and specifically, getting the LCD to work? I have a fully-functional installation of Slackware 10.2 on my RaQ4i (running Linux 2.6.15.4), and the only thing left to get working is the LCD.

I've been screwing around all day with everything I can find (the panel-utils package from the restore disc, lcdutils from Debian, cobalt-panel-utils from Gentoo), and have had no luck. The kernel is aware of the LCD being present insofar as /proc/cobalt/lcd (and /proc/lcd for that matter) can accurately output the contents of the LCD, but as far as actually writing data TO the LCD, nothing works. All of the tools I tried won't recognize that the device exists.

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Christopher R. Curzio     |  Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax
http://www.accipiter.org  |  si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?