[ale] Multifuncion printer/scanner/fax, etc.

Scott Castaline hscast at charter.net
Tue Feb 28 12:08:26 EST 2006

James Taylor wrote:
> I just picked up a PCS1500 and the scan and print functions worked right out of the box on SUSE10.  I hadn't tried the memory slots or the camera inputs.
> Is the All-in-One Control Center part of the sourceforge download?
> -jt
>

> James Taylor
> The East Cobb Group, Inc.
> 678-697-9420
> james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
> http://www.eastcobbgroup.com

> Re: > I was also able
>
>> to get the HP All- in- one Control Center working on my SuSE Box....
>>

> How'd you do that?  I have a HP 2710 Multi, that I stuck out on several
> times...  8- (
>
> Jack
>

> Scott Castaline wrote:
>
>> Paul Cartwright wrote:

>>> I have an HP5620 all- in- one unit. I use it mostly for outgoing faxes,
>>> and scanning to PDF, I LOVE that feature! I scan hotel receipts, etc,
>>> from trips and send them to my boss as PDF, which is the way he wants
>>> it.
>>> on XP the HP software works great. I have emailed HP about NOT being
>>> able to use it on my SUSE box, they actually replied to my email,
>>> saying they will test it in their lab....

>>> As soon as they get that working, I can start booting into SUSE on my
>>> laptop, and NOT XP !
>>> that, and I need a Visio alternative for Linux...
>>>

>> I have an HP PSC2610v using the ntwk intfc with 2 SuSE 10.0 boxes and a
>> MickeySoft 2K box. All seem to be happy with all functions. The latest
>> driver from sourceforge.net now allows me to use all functions on the
>> printer/scanner/fax, including the  memory card reader. I was also able
>> to get the HP All- in- one Control Center working on my SuSE Box....

I believe it's supplied by SuSE, but will not work untill you download
the driver software from sourceforge and install it. Then create the
printer in my case I had to manually create it for network connection. I
remember having trouble at first getting the control panel to recognize
the printer, eventhough the web access worked and I was able to print. I
believe after rebooting and then starting HP Device Manager
(Applications/Utilities/More Programs) it detected the printer and
worked fine after that. I t seems to give you more accurate status of
your ink as well as access to self maint. that is built into the printer.