[ale] scp file from Windows to Linux

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 26 23:35:42 EST 2006

Install cygwin (from Redhat) on the Windows box, then run
ssh-host-config to setup sshd as a Windows service.  Then you can ssh
into the windows box. (also remember to run mkpasswd and mkgroup which
update /etc/passwd and /etc/group to match Windows users). Cygwin can
install rsync, so then you can rsync to/from the windows box.  The only
issue you will encounter is NTFS (or worse FAT) lack of good support for
file permissions... all files will have the execute bit set.

-Jim P.