[ale] OT vision computers etal

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Thu Feb 23 11:16:16 EST 2006

Wouldn't you rather have machines that have commodity parts that are
field-replaceable by pretty much anybody with the know-how?  I've seen
so many situations where operations halted for a day or so just to get
Dell parts even for machines that were under warranty, all due to the
use of proprietary parts.