[ale] g77 vs gfortran

Dow_Hurst dhurst at mindspring.com
Thu Feb 23 01:07:32 EST 2006

Geoffrey,
I got a compile to work!  After rereading the following and getting the instructions correct, the compile worked:

BEGIN###
One problem was that I forgot to comment out the SGI specific date calls
(the lines preceded with C at UG in datprt). So now, if you leave all
comments in then it should not try to bother with figuring out the date,
so it should compile. Then one can experiment with uncommenting C at G7 or
whichever - maybe the AB (Absoft) or EF (Intel) works. If none works, but
you can tell me the syntax to getting the time/date  then I will implement
a new symbol and a new alternative code using it.
END###

The C at UG are symbols added to comment out specific parts of the code dealing with OS specific lines.  So when I left all the C at G7 lines alone and all the comments were left in place, the compile finished.  When I removed the Linux specific C at G7 symbols then I got the error you saw in the last email.  Let me know if you want to look at the code.  I'll check with Dr. Mezei about it as he would want to give permission on that.  I don't think he as opensourced the code but I'll check on that too.
Dow