[ale] g77 vs gfortran

Dow_Hurst dhurst at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 21 00:45:46 EST 2006

I've switched to opensuse 10.0 from novell on my laptop and noticed that g77 is now gfortran.
A particular fortran program I've used for several years now doesn't compile with gfortran.  Is the
solution to download the g77 source and compile it?  I don't think there is a version of g77
precompiled for opensuse 10.0 is there?  I have the support of the programmer who wrote the
program so I can give him feedback.  Isn't open source great?!  I just wondered if others have
run into this problem and downloaded an older compiler version to fix it.
Thanks,
Dow

No sig.