[ale] Ga Tech changes emphasis of Computer Science

David Corbin dcorbin at machturtle.com
Mon Feb 20 12:54:22 EST 2006

On Monday 20 February 2006 01:29 pm, Bob Toxen wrote:
> This article is about how Ga Tech is changing its emphasis in its
> Computer Science curriculum away from programming (because that has gone
> to India) and toward multimedia, entrepreneurship, and security:
>
>      http://security.ittoolbox.com/news/display.asp?i=139254

Thanks for the pointer.  As a Tech graduate, I'm not sure I like all that I
hear.  I won't say Tech "was great under the old plan", but this new one kind
of worries me too.  Fundamentally, I think you can be much more effective at
*any* role in the computer business, if you can program.  I'll have to do
some more research....