[ale] Using MythTV in a networked DVR farm setting

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Mon Feb 20 10:55:03 EST 2006

> throughout the school now.  With four PVR-350 cards in your PC, when you
> go to record a show that conflicts with another in that timeslot, does
> it automatically select the next available 350 card for recording or do
> you have to do that manually?

That system just streams 4 channels constantly... but playing with a
2 encoder card MythTV setup, it will just pick the available card.

> recording capabilities.  It's just too much trouble for teachers to go
> to the media center and pop a tape in and set the VCR to record programs.

Sad that they rely on broadcast/cable programming that much,
and yet are unable to record it manually. Although I have to admit
the Discovery-type channels and programs are good, they also rarely go
deep enough to satisfy me.. hopefully the teachers can add to it.