[ale] Sendmail and Bellsouth

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Mon Feb 20 07:58:44 EST 2006

On Mon February 20 2006 7:10 am, Thomas Stromberg wrote:
> > other variable in the main.cf file?
>
> Open /etc/postfix/main.cf in your favorite editor and look for ?
> "relayhost". Uncomment the line and change to:
>
> relayhost = mail.bellsouth.net

ok, I did that. Now when I try to send mail from commandline using mail
I get:
 # send-mail: fatal: parameter inet_interfaces: no local interface
found for 127.0.0.2

but after a few tweeks, I got it to send mail without complaining..
I had to mess with  myhostname and inet_interfaces, but I THINK it is
working now.
thanks, I'll settle for postfix and maybe change to Atlantic Nexus and
MAYBE start my own mail server  so I can get rid of my domain host
company..

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800