[ale] Sendmail and Bellsouth

Thomas Stromberg lists at stromberg.org
Mon Feb 20 07:17:06 EST 2006

On 20 feb 2006, at 07.10, Thomas Stromberg wrote:

> On 20 feb 2006, at 06.58, Paul Cartwright wrote:
>
>> do I need to install sendmail, OR can I tell postfix to do this by
>> some
>> other variable in the main.cf file?
>
> Open /etc/postfix/main.cf in your favorite editor and look for
> "relayhost". Uncomment the line and change to:
>
> relayhost = mail.bellsouth.net
>
> Note: The path to main.cf may be different depending on the
> distribution, but that's at least where it is on many of them.

I suppose I neglected to mention that you will need to tell postfix
to reload it's configuration files after editing main.cf. Simply type:

  postfix reload

Should that fail (!?!), you can try "/etc/init.d/postfix reload", or
using stop/start instead.

// Thomas Str?mberg
// http://toadstool.se/
// +1 678 773 9475