[ale] Low-Cost Color Laser for Linux

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Feb 17 07:41:18 EST 2006

Paul Manno wrote:
> Yeah, I can understand but when there are good deals...
>
> I've usually just watched their small business site.  The current price
> this week is $399 but has been down at $324 within the last month. Some
> folks prefer to watch the discount sites ... kind of your choice.  Good
> cost-effective printing (color around $0.10/page) too but you'll have to
> replace an image belt at 45,000 images.  Oh, and it's NOT a compact unit.

Is this their number?  Replace at 45,000?   If so, understand that's the
max.  Depending on the usage, it could be much lower, and in almost all
cases is lower.  For example, my Minolta 2300DL claims 45,000 pages
before replacing the print drum.  Of course the expectation is that I'll
print 30-40 pages at a time, when in fact, I'm more likely to print 5 or
less and often times 1.  I'm already on my second print drum (58%
remaining) and I've printed a total of 16,040 pages.

A lot of marketing goes into those numbers...

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Go live and stabilize!