[ale] Sub $250 PCs

Emil Man emilpman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 10:41:57 EST 2006

> >I've had issues with Ginstar as well, but not hardware related.  The
> >last two times I've been there they've treated me like an idiot.  At one
> >time, I was talking to the guy behind the counter when he asked me a
> >question about my needs.  I guess he thought I waited too long to answer
> >as I was actually considering the question.  He looked past me and said
> >NEXT?

I actually had the opportunity once to provide them quite a bit of business.
A company was interested in buying 10 desktops, and I was in charge of doing
the purchase. So I shopped arround Atlanta to give the locals some business.
In the end, Ginstar sent me a fax with their list of pre-built machines, and
that was pretty much the extent effort they put into it.
I finally had to go with Dell because the company where I worked required XP
on their machines and I could not find a better price at the local shops
with XP installed.
Disapointing because I did try to provide the locals business but in the
end, I had to go to stupid Dell.

Emil