[ale] reviving the ALE NW meetings

Emil Man emilpman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 18:38:02 EST 2006

2006/2/14, Geoffrey <esoteric at 3times25.net>:

> The 3rd Wednesday of every month at 7:00 pm....
>
> Well, I've given it some time to let folks respond.  Of course no one
> could simply say 'Oh, Wednesday is good for me.'  No, I get a mix of
> multiple days, various weeks of the month and so on.

Wednesday nights will be good for me.

I was pleased by the fact that we have about 20 folks interested in the
> NW meetings, so hopefully we will have some reasonable turnouts.

yes better than some of our interest before.

> So as to try and get a good showing to the meeting, I'll offer a free
> ALE/Lisa t-shirt to everyone that comes to the first meeting.

I will  hand out  Ubuntu 5.10  CDs  for both x86, and 64-bit machines. I
also have a couple of PPC CDs if anybody is interested. Most of my CDs are
x86 though... nice debian-based distro. Gnome based.