[ale] video conversion?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 15:46:43 EST 2006

DivX is merely an MPEG-4 implementation. Thus, it is supported on all
platforms that can play MPEG-4 video; provided the appropriate codec
is installed.

As for transcoding the DVDs to some container format, Handbrake
(http://handbrake.m0k.org/) is awesome. I haven't worked with the
Linux port but the OS X port is quite easy to use.